Monday, September 9, 2019

Installing Ubiquiti UNIFI controller as a Proxmox VE LXC Container

This guide will help you Install a Ubiquiti UNIFI controller as a Proxmox LXC Container.

There are many benefits of having an always ONLINE Unifi controller, one of them that I am interested in is the Hot Spot / Captive Portal landing page customization.

Since I already have a Proxmox VE server running, I thought this will be the best method for me to have a Ubiquiti Unifi controller 24/7.


STEP 1 - Download Template for Ubuntu 18.04

Go to your Proxmox VE, go to your storage, and make sure you have downloaded a template for Ubuntu 18.04 Standard

STEP 2 - Create the LXC Container

Create an LXC container using the following settings:
Hostname: unifi
Disk size: 32GB
Memory: 2GB (but 1GB is also okay)
Network:  192.168.8.4/24

STEP 3 - Login to your container and Update APT

sudo apt update

STEP 4 - Installing CA Certificates

sudo apt-get install ca-certificates wget -y

STEP 5 - Download installation script


wget https://get.glennr.nl/unifi/install/unifi-5.11.39.sh

STEP 6 - Make the script executable (change filename to the script version you downloaded)

chmod +x unifi-5.11.39.sh

STEP 6 - Run the Install Script

./unifi-5.11.39.sh

STEP 7 - When finish installing go to your browser and type in

https://ip.of.your.server:8443

----------------------------------------

Thank you for using this guide.

Please help me support this blog by purchasing your Ubiquiti products from Amazon using my link below:

https://amzn.to/2A4WdtW

Much appreciated! :-)




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous script my man. I had been looking in to the code as im learning bash scripting myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 years later and this script still works, well done sir. Love the color scheme on the installer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I tried to download the scipt and it didn't working!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a problem. After the installation is not possible to login in the machine with the selected user (root) and password

    ReplyDelete