Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Proxmox LXC Backup issue: INFO: mode failure - some volumes do not support snapshots

I am getting this notice when performing LXC container backup on Proxmox 5.x

INFO: mode failure - some volumes do not support snapshots




At first I thought there was something wrong with the container, I checked for strange things that I may have done such as mounting external NFS share, etc... but I did not find anything strange.

Then I realize this disk partition or space that the container is on is not an LVM type of partition.

Because of this I can NOT do a 'SNAPSHOT' backup.  Suspend somehow does not work either.

But backup did work after full shutdown. Or you can just start the backup right away with SHUTDOWN mode.

Hope this help someone with same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment